[Swift-devel] Issues to resolve for the 0.96 config mechanism

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Sun Jul 13 20:59:28 CDT 2014

On 7/13/14, 8:55 PM, Mihael Hategan wrote:
> But I have never heard one person complain
> that they have to say -sites.file on the command line.
The fact that the standard swift invocation line today is:

   swift -tc.file tc.data -sites.file sites.xml -config swift.properties

is absolutely insane, and its what 0.95 nicely fixed.

Users don't complain - they go find simpler languages.

Mathematics and Computer Science          Computation Institute
Argonne National Laboratory               The University of Chicago