[Swift-devel] New parsing tool for swift.properties

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Sat Jul 5 13:11:16 CDT 2014

was: Re: [Swift-devel] changes

I think this tool (Typesafe config) looks promising; I would try it.

Once you have a property parser in Swift/K, that can be readily turned
into a standalone Java command to run for Swift/T, if/when needed, which
can emit Tcl or whatever other flat propoerty format is needed.

Sound reasonable?

- Mike

On 7/5/14, 1:03 PM, Mihael Hategan wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-07-05 at 09:34 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
>> This looks very good, deals with a lot of parsing issues, and is
>> licensed under Apache 2 (same as Swift).
>>
>> But is it Java-only?   If so, then down the road, for Swift/T with
>> Coaster C client, just parse options using a Java app perhaps?
> It's Java only. I don't know. I guess writing one parser is better than
> writing two parsers.
>
> The only other reasonable choice is XML unless somebody knows something
> else.
>
> Mihael

Mathematics and Computer Science          Computation Institute
Argonne National Laboratory               The University of Chicago