[Swift-devel] changes

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 4 12:09:29 CDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-07-04 at 11:02 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
> A lot of great work, here, Mihael - very nice!

Thanks.

> We'll need to re-adjust the new config mechanism to match this, unless
> you've already done that.

I have not. I wanted to sync my changes first.

> This means that we'll need to get all users converted to the new config
> before this gets released - else they will have no backwards
> compatibility for their current configurations (sites and tc files).

I think you suggested and I very much agreed that a tool to upgrade the
sites file will be there. I have not yet written it, but it's coming
today-ish.

> Nonetheless, as we discussed in a prior meeting, I think we agreed that
> this was a necessary step and the right way to go.

I have my doubts about "necessary". I know I argued that previously.
Technically speaking, if I can write a conversion tool, then it can be
done automatically under the covers.
But I think it was a step in the right direction.

Mihael