[Swift-devel] Migrating to github

David Kelly davidkelly at uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 4 11:44:35 CST 2014

Right now we have two repos - cog on sourceforge, and Swift on
svn.ci.uchicago.edu.

Sourceforge's SVN commit hooks are broken, so we do not get email updates
automatically from them when a change is made. Instead I rigged a cron job
that runs every 5 minutes, checks for changes, and emails them out. It's a
little ugly.

Developers wanting to make contributions to Swift need a CI account. This
may discourage new developers from getting involved.

Having two repos makes branching, tagging, and building more tedious than
it needs to be.

This may need more discussion, but I would like to propose that starting
with 0.95, let's merge cog and Swift and move to github.