[Swift-devel] passing sites attribute to _swiftwrap

Ketan Maheshwari ketan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 29 13:36:13 CDT 2014

Hi Mihael, All,

I am trying to implement the subblock feature of Cobalt provider in Swift.
While I am exploring and experimenting with the provider code, I thought to
ask about your suggestions on this.

The approach I am taking is to have an sites attribute just like PBS's
ProviderAttributes for aprun.

Next thing, this value needs to be passed to _swiftwap so that it can
invoke the Cobalt runjob command after invoking the right subblock logic,
which I am planning to move to _swiftwrap too.

Any suggestions as to 1) if you think this is the right way to go about
implementing subblock jobs and 2) What part of the code should I be looking
into to make this work.

Thanks,
Ketan