[Swift-devel] output file not created in _concurrent

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 13:50:47 CDT 2013

Hi,

I was testing a dummy Swift script with a user with file arrays and noticed
that no output files are created in the _concurrent dir after a Swift run
completed successfully.
Here is the Swift script:

$ cat outfile.swift
type file;

app (file out) A (string in1){
  dummyA in1 stdout=@out;
}

file outfileA[];

foreach i in [0:9]{
 outfileA[i] = A ("astring");
 }

The executable simply sleep a bit and prints date:
$ cat da.sh
#!/bin/bash

date
sleep 5

I do see outfiles being created when I replace the file outfileA[] with:

file outfileA[]<simple_mapper; location="outdir",
prefix="a.",suffix=".out">;

This is run under Swift 0.94 swift-r7091 cog-r3789

I think this is a bug but wanted to be sure before filing one.

Ketan