[Swift-devel] Code style

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 14 22:57:24 CDT 2013

On 5/14/2013 3:52 PM, Michael Wilde wrote:
>> I knew this was going to end badly as soon as I saw the initial
>> email.
> Ending badly would be good, compared to not ending :)
>
> After a few decades of not messing with emacs tab settings I set it to 4 spaces and the offending file views OK now.
>
> I withdraw the suggestion to make any changes.  Lets just keep Swift source looking like it does now, thats fine.

I put the note about tabs in the document as a note to new developers
and a concession to the fact it was used so much in the existing code.
If anyone can add some notes on there about how to best get this working
in the latest Eclipse and Emacs, that would help a lot (I don't think I
ever got it working with Emacs).

Some nice points about style are in this article:
http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2063168