[Swift-devel] Code style

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue May 14 14:39:16 CDT 2013

> > - spaces instead of hard tabs. I feel adamant about this.
>
> Eclipse has some options where you can do both "keep as is" (for
> existing lines) and "use spaces for new stuff".

both of those at the same time is often terrible because of the ambiguity
in how long a tab is. if you have some formatted code and you want to add
lines to it, pretty much all you can do is use the same byte sequence for
indents as has already been used to indent that same block, and then add
additional whitespace on the end to get further depth.

(mmm tabs vs spaces debate)