[Swift-devel] Code style

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 14 13:33:04 CDT 2013

The internals/code-style page mentioned below is rather vague.

Im in favor of 3 things:

- code format inspired by K&R (more compact than {} on separate lines, while quite readable). The Oracle page cited by David is fine in that regard.

- spaces instead of hard tabs. I feel adamant about this.

- Ideally, a format for which some auto-formatter exists that would enable us to clean up our source.

Somehow the PBS provider files got very badly un-tabbed, so they are hard to read. We could at least fix the most offensive files. Does anyone have ideas on how to format all files without a massive SVN revision bump?  Is a full sweep a bad idea?

- Mike