[Swift-devel] Connecting to nodes behind a login node

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 17:03:36 CDT 2013

Thanks to David for pointing out a very simple solution for this.

I wanted to ssh to the compute nodes behind the login node directly,
and this can be done by setting up the ssh-config file to use the
ProxyCommand feature. I set up my ~/.ssh/config file on swift.rcc with
the following :
Host churn.mcs.anl.gov
    Hostname churn.mcs.anl.gov
    User yadunand
    ProxyCommand ssh -A yadunand at login.mcs.anl.gov nc %h %p 2> /dev/null
    ForwardAgent yes

Now, I can directly ssh to churn using : "ssh churn.mcs.anl.gov" from swift.rcc.

-Yadu

--
Yadu Nand B