[Swift-devel] Domain name

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 5 14:46:47 CDT 2013

David, given what looks like a majority in favor of swift-lang.org, can you make the site redirect all 16 new combinations to this? Ideally including if someone tacks on "/swift".

Then when the Google settings are ready we can also redirect www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift to swift-lang.org. To get Google to consolidate the current URL to the new one might require action by the owner of ci.uchicago.edu domain.

Lastly, there are some URLs (I think from Google searches) that still bring you to the old ("maroon") site somehow. We should see if we can find those and redirect them to the right place in the new site or at least to the new primary URL.

- Mike