[Swift-devel] Domain name

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 5 14:08:19 CDT 2013

I apologize for the confusion: .org was the only root domain being considered.

The choice to be made is swift-lang.org vs. swiftlang.org for what we publicize.

So far there are 3 votes for swift-lang and 1 for either. Any more votes?

The other question was about forwarding all alias names to the single publicized URL. That seems to be answered now: Google provides tools to consolidate the chosen name, and user bookmarks and old references will all get forwarded to that name by our server.

Once this is all set up we can start using and publicizing the new name.

- Mike