[Swift-devel] How to run automatic coasters from a firewalled host?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 16 17:52:17 CDT 2013

Mihael,

I'm trying to run automatic coasters from a host "orthros" at Argonne which is only accessible from a cryptocard-only gateway host.

I was trying to use Beagle to augment the cores available on orthros.

I can do a password-less ssh from orthros to beagle using my ssh agent.

But coasters on beagle is not starting from orthros, presumably because the remote coaster service can not connect back to the swift client.

Can we make this work by having the ssh command run by the ssh-cl proxy create a tunnel back to orthros for the remote service to connect to?