[Swift-devel] Provider staging with local provider

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 16 17:18:37 CDT 2013

Mihael, I discovered by accident that provider staging works with the local execution provider if you specify swift:stagingMethod=local.

This was "accidental" in that I thought I was using execution provider=coasters for the single local setup app in my script, when in fact I was using execution provider=local. I kept getting errors like "No 'sfs' provider or alias found" until I specified local as the staging method.

But this leads me to the question of, in general, what other flexibility exists in mixing different execution providers when you have provider staging enabled.

For example, can I use *any* execution provider as long as I specify a staging method that is a valid "filesystem" provider (such as gsiftp or ssh)?