[Swift-devel] Strange socket errors on swift.rcc

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 12 20:12:12 CDT 2013

Just a heads-up: Im trying to test David's nswift on swift.rcc, and I keep getting:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.BindException: Address already in use

I unset GLOBUS_TCP_{SOURCE,PORT}_RANGE and then I have no problems.

I see that Yadu is running about 16 swift commands (presumably for testing), and wondering if they are eating up all the ports between 50000 and 51000?

Need to look at netstat and debug, but just mentioning this as a heads-up in case anyone else is seeing similar problems, or if its an issue we should document.