[Swift-devel] Initial tests of new (faster) trunk

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 10 14:22:44 CDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 12:53 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
> Initial tests of the new trunk are working for me, but I'm seeing three odd things:
>
> 1. [Error] sites.beagle.coasters.xml:1:9: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'config'.
>    (as reported in the email below)

Right. sites.xml is now validated. If you want that to go away, you need
to add these magic words to the beginning of your sites file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config xmlns="http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/SwiftSites">

> 2. {env.HOME} is not interpreted in sites.xml as in prior versions.
> Swift created a workdir named "$PWD/{env.HOME}/swiftwork"

Yeah. sites.xml is not secretly a karajan script any more.

But this can be fixed.

> 3. Progress ticker lines seem to be defaulting to one per second, even with no status changing.

Ah, sorry. That was a temporary change I made and forgot to revert. I
use that for development since I want regular feedback in large runs.

Mihael