[Swift-devel] First tests with swift faster

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 20 22:19:35 CST 2013

> In the faster branch the sites file is parsed with a DOM parser. This
> will allow proper validation (which I'm working on right now).
>
> There will be two versions of the sites file. The default (2.0), will
> be
> case-sensitive and will allow app definitions in the sites file.
>
> The backwards compatible one (<config version="1.0">), will be case
> insensitive. But you will need to explicitly say version="1.0" in
> there
> to get that.

> This is tentative, so open to discussion.

I think better parsing (specifically to get better error messages) is a good idea. Especially to catch mis-spelled tags (or values) that are now ignored, if thats possible.

I want to get to the point where most users never type XML to use Swift, and the way to that is gensites, which should be coorinated with this change.

If we're to use Coasters and the providers with Swift/T we should all be thinking about how we want this to work for users.