[Swift-devel] Welcome Yadu Nand - and initial work plan

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 11 11:29:33 CST 2013

Hi All,

Yadu Nand, who you all know, starts today as temporary professional from India. Please welcome him to this new role.

I'd like to use this opportunity to re-focus more of our group communication back on the Swift-Devel list.

I've assigned Yadu the following initial plan/roadmap:

- learn how to run Swift 0.94
- learn coasters
- get access to the 0.94 test platforms (Midway, Fusion, MCS, UC3, Beagle, Raven, Hera, Stampede, Kraken, Hopper)
- help David add and integrate app tests into 0.94 (doubling as the initial "stress" tests)
- work with David on Swift 0.94 testing and release
- learn Bugzilla
- set up irc for us
- add stress and performance tests (and capture and document performance plots)
- learn and improve Swift logging
- help improve docs on the way

Then for longer term:

- unify testing between Swift K (1.0) and T (2.0)
- adapt and support Coasters for Swift 2.0
- unify and improve logging/tracing between 1.0 and 2.0

David, can you help Yadu this week to get on the necessary test platforms, to fid the apps to integrate into the test suite, and to run (and improve the documentation of) the Swift/K test suite?