[Swift-devel] turning off Swift's data caching

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 00:26:44 CDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to mimic a scenario where an external process is streaming data
into a file which is being captured at same or lesser frequency by updating
a file periodically which is then cat'ed by Swift into an output file.

The Swift script is the catsnsleep with a sleep of 10sec followed by cat of
input data. Another process running at a slightly higher frequency does
update on the data by echoing random numbers to the data file.

>From the experiments so far, it looks like Swift caches the data file and
uses it for all app calls.

So far, I tried:
1) using external variable type for input data
2) setting caching.algorithm=none in config

Neither of the above seem to work. I think, if I could map external type to
a disc file, this might work.

Any other ideas to turn off input data caching by Swift?

Ketan