[Swift-devel] Experiments on Beagle

Lorenzo Pesce lpesce at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 25 10:05:52 CDT 2012

Hi --
I am running on more than 10,000 cores because there are a good number of users having problems running their jobs, which left the machine for me =)

I am doing work for a user, so don't worry too much.

I am just writing in case you want to take a look at how the simulations are proceeding, how the memory is used (login5, user lpesce) and how the number of tasks goes up and down as jobs are completed.
(For example, I asked for 500 nodes and I am getting only a little over 400, but the machine has available the nodes I asked for, swift is just not taking them as far as I can tell, the number first spiked up to the requested number of nodes --I think-- then winded down)