[Swift-devel] How to adapt auto-ssl feature from ssh to persistent coasters?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 12 13:38:05 CST 2012

Mihael, All,

Can we use parts of the ssh-based solution below for persistent automatic coasters on a local machine?

I was able to create the two local coaster worker pools I need for a mixed MPI/Serial swift script by starting two coaster servers after I created an x509 proxy using globus.

Even though the servers were started with -nosec, I was not able to get swift to use these servers with automatic workers. The swift command complained about not finding a proxy file in /tmp. When I created such a proxy manual using grid-proxy-init, everything worked as desired.

Now I want to hand this solution off to a user to test, and the user does not have a suitable cert. Do the tools and/or temp certs exist in the current swift release to create a suitable proxy manually?

Or, is there a way to have the swift command not insist on a proxy - as the servers and workers are all on the same local cluster?

- Mike