[Swift-devel] Question about retry behavior

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Mar 4 11:26:10 CST 2012

On Mar 2, 2012, at 5:10 PM, Michael Wilde wrote:

> Good points, Ioan - I'd forgotten about that part of the Falkon work. Seems like per-worker fault analysis is a good thing, but that higher level analysis and actions are also needed.  Maybe per-worker and per-site analysis and down-ability.

I've wondered what this might look like if you did "proper" stats on what was happening - there are all these variables, like choice of worker, the job itself, properties of that job (such as which app its trying to run). I've wondered if you could usefully extract and use information like "this app always fails on these workers", or "this job always fails, no matter where it is run".