[Swift-devel] Suggest we update Swift 0.93 on Beagle for SWIFT_USERHOME fix

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 4 10:10:30 CDT 2012

Hi David,

Swift 0.93 rev 5285 has the SWIFT_USERHOME fix thats needed on Beagle to enable Swift to use /lustre instead of /home for the $HOME/.globus/scripts directory.

I think Lorenzo and other Beagle users have been forced to use their own modified Swift releases since $HOME became non-writable.

Can you check if its safe to update the swift/0.93 module to at least this rev level, and also if the same fix needs to be applied to trunk in svn?

Might need some discussion - I cant recall if any alternatives to this fix were proposed.