[Swift-devel] Java memory strangeness

Lorenzo Pesce lpesce at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 2 19:16:39 CDT 2012

David,

I have observed a similar behavior on Beagle when I was running IBM java.
The guessed diagnosis is that the JVM was in some way part 64 and part 32,
consistently with an heap analysis we did with some software.

The solution was to reinstall java and that worked.

you can try it by yourself by using the default java on Beagle and then
do module load java.

This is my 2 cents.  Java is not my thing and never will be.

Lorenzo

On Jul 2, 2012, at 6:34 PM, David Kelly wrote:

> bash-3.2$ uname -a
> Linux makena.uchicago.edu 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 15:51:48 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Seems to be 64 bit

>>> David