[Swift-devel] Need pointers to BG/P info for Swift execution

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 26 15:33:53 CST 2012

Justin, Zhao, All,

Its been a long time since I have personally run Swift scripts on the BG/Ps.

I am trying to help Jon get started on the BG/P, but I have forgotten some of the basics. Can you point out the info a Swift BG/P user needs regarding:

- how to make sure that workers and the swift app() programs they launch have the right Linux environment (ie, full bash, full env, not limited "busybox" tools)

- how to ssh/telnet to worker nodes

- anything else different from a normal cluster?

- tips for working with Cobalt