[Swift-devel] command line ssh provider...

Jonathan Monette jonmon at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 17 11:33:43 CST 2012

I am assuming that I have to get the sshcl provider to fail again for the stdout/stderr to be recorded?  I typed the correct password in and this is what showed up:

2-01-17 11:25:16,375-0600 DEBUG JobSubmissionTaskHandler Job:
	executable: /bin/bash
	arguments:  /home/jonmon/Workspace/Swift/swift.workdir/hostname-20120117-1125-ora1c4k1/shared/_swiftwrap hostname-km209rlk -jobdir k -scratch  -e /bin/hostname -out hostname.txt -err stderr.txt -i -d  -if  -of hostname.txt -k  -cdmfile  -status provider -a
	stdout:     null
	stderr:     null
	directory:  /home/jonmon/Workspace/Swift/swift.workdir/hostname-20120117-1125-ora1c4k1
	batch:      false
	redirected: false
	attributes: null
	env:        SWIFT_GEN_SCRIPTS=1

This is what shows up in ps:
jonmon   19162  0.0  0.0  59456  3344 pts/0    S+   11:25   0:00 ssh -v bridled.ci.uchicago.edu /bin/bash -s

so -v is being used in the ssh command but Swift isn't recording the output.

I have also tried entering in the wrong password but Swift just keeps asking for the password until I type the correct one in.

I see in the JobSubmissionTaskHandler file there is a way to specify a username.  In the sites file I use the line: <execution provider="ssh-cl" username="jonmon" url="bridled.ci.uchicago.edu"/>

but the username is not used, I do not see the -l in the command line of the sshcl provider.  I wanted to try providing a username to the ssh command to see if that some how made it realize to use the agent set up for the user jonmon.