[Swift-devel] failure on stage out [PADS Support #17814]

Glen Hocky hockyg at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 5 16:05:43 CST 2012

Mike,
Ti fixed the problem I was having with PBS staging out on pads
This reminded me of a small suggestion I had, so I'm copying it to swift devel.

Right now job submission scripts are placed in ~/.globus/scripts
This eventually makes it very hard to look in ~/.globus/scripts and
find a specific submit file if there is ever an error

I would suggest putting submit scripts in ~/.globus/scripts/DATE or
~/.globus/scripts/YEAR/MONTH/DAY

A secondary benefit is it makes it very easy to clean up this folder
by just tarring up each month separately

-Glen