[Swift-devel] Agenda for Swift devel meeting today

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 17 08:23:48 CST 2012

Here's what I have so far for discussion today. Please add info, points, or more topics.

- coaster provider staging timeouts
  -- reproduce on same topology as SCEC bugs occurred
  -- discuss and test: do we need TCP window control
  -- longer term: test how gridftp works in same topology

- coaster timeouts
  -- execution doesnt continue and recover on coaster worker time walltime expiration
  -- subtler bug: failing retryable jobs have strange interaction with hang checker
     (still need to reproduce this in a test case; lower prio)

- hang checker: can we help user diagnose these faster/easier?
  -- whats in the current log for this

- IO strategy improvements
  -- CDM as a default
  -- provider staging selectable
  -- staging via worker-side transfer client (esp. globus-url-copy)

- BG/P
  -- what are known issues?
  -- test problems with _concurrent mapping

- gensites
  -- also allow cmd line setting of params
  -- SciColSim suggests we should generalize its run script into "swiftrun"
  -- next steps on tc.data -> apps
     typically find apps in path
     more wildcards to reduce need to set this file
     interaction with sites file

- tryswift
  -- report from David on FutureGrid execution environment for this
  -- obstacles?

- Please suggest additional topics!