[Swift-devel] How to increase Swift-coaster task rate

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 26 21:44:54 CDT 2012

We need to re-run the tests on a machine we can get to. The current tests were run for us by a Cray engineer, and we havent tarred the logs back yet.

Submit host machine was a 6-core Cray login host, probably AMD at 2.5GHz or so, probably 32GB RAM.

Coaster service was local in Swift jvm. Can try a separate service.

Java was (I think) Sun 1.6.0_21, IBM Java is there. Not sure if Java was 64 bit.

Jon will re-run clean tests on the Raven Cray where we have full access.

Advice on dialing the logging way down would be valuable. Outside of that we're trying to avoid all ancillary touches of shared filesystems.