[Swift-devel] Update

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 20 12:54:00 CDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 10:22 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
> > > We should also remove the currently annoying message about sites file overridden.
> > > That is not helping anything and just adding noise.
>
> > I think that is coming from inside Swift and not the bash script itself.
>
> We should remove it regardless where its coming from, and revisit the original intent of that warning.

It's similar to the SWIFT_HOME issue. However:
- overriding the sites file requires an explicit argument on the command
line, so it's hard to think that the user is not aware of that
- setting SWIFT_HOME and leaving it there does not require explicit user
action

In light of the two points above, I think that a warning message makes
more sense in the SWIFT_HOME case than in the sites file case.

Mihael