[Swift-devel] coaster io with NIO.

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 10 19:04:56 CDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 17:25 -0500, David Kelly wrote:
> Yep, I gave it a try with automatic coasters, but am still seeing the timeouts.

I think I see the problem. With multiple jobs per worker the situation
may such be that both a stagein and a stageout happen at the same time
(on the same TCP connection). If the stageout runs out of buffers the
writing to the socket on the worker side blocks causing the read loop to
not happen. This eventually fills the other direction on the TCP link
and everything deadlocks.