[Swift-devel] coaster io with NIO.

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 9 12:42:19 CDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 10:48 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:

> But regarding the limitations between the new NIO code and GSI: the
> current secure socket solution for coasters has long been a usability
> obstacle. This sounds like a good time to design a highly usable
> solution that will last us into the future. What alternatives can you
> suggest for this?

I know this looks like the right time to deal with that. However I want
to mention that while the jglobus NIO issue is a technical one, the
security part is not something that I have a solution for but missing
the code.

I do however welcome ideas on how to do security nicely in this case
(though I think it is to a large extent the same as how to do security
in a distributed/grid system)

Mihael