[Swift-devel] Issues in worker-side GridFTP

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 1 09:31:31 CDT 2011

Justin, does current CDM and provider staging interact correctly? Ie, if we introduce a CDM mode called "worker-staging", will CDM operate with *provider staging* in the manner you described in your prior message?

The disadvantage of provider staging, at the moment, is that when enabled it applies to all sites. But for cases where that is acceptable, this might work.

So if CDM "direct" works with provider staging, then we could, as discussed in earlier meetings, use that as a base for a worker-staging mode.

- Mike