[Swift-devel] recent error on beagle

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 21 17:12:03 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 17:06 -0400, Glen Hocky wrote:
> > as I mentioned, I've been running with Mike's swift which was
> > patched
> > for beagle. are all the things that make running on beagle work in
> > trunk?
>
> No idea.
>
> Mike?

Justin, working with Ketan, just applied changes to trunk which should make it work now on Beagle (or any Cray XT5+ or XE).  This uses a different set of sites.xml tags than the prototype in the current Beagle swift 0.92.1 module. Justin has a note on this at:
  https://sites.google.com/site/swiftdevel/sites/pbs/cray

It was working before for one-node worker jobs; now it should work for multi-node worker jobs as well.

Justin and Ketan should comment on the state of testing and readiness of this trunk feature.  Don't try trunk on Beagle till they give the go-ahead.

- Mike