[Swift-devel] Re: sites.xml settings for Beagle in Swift trunk?

ketan ketan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 6 14:28:12 CDT 2011

Mihael,

For PBS provider, Justin made enhancement through which multiple
provider attributes could be specified in sites.xml, separated by
semicolon using the "providerAttribute" key as follows:

<profile namespace="globus" key="providerAttributes">
pbs.aprun
pbs.mpp=true
</profile>

While the older ppn key parsing was modified to parse just the integer
instead of the colon separated string of previous version:

<profile namespace="globus" key="ppn">24:cray:pack</profile>

I missed to notice this above change in trunk and retained the above
line in my sites.xml. This was causing the sites.xml parsing to fail and
hence nothing was written on the ~/.globus/script/PBS*.submit file.

Still, this empty submit file was getting submitted which made Swift
think that jobs are submitted and so it was emitting a "nnn jobs
submitted" status.

Only to find that nothing was submitted.

The problem disappeared simply by removing the above colon separated line.

I would suggest, we continue to support both versions for PBS provider
until some later version, say 0.95 before phasing into the new setup.

Ketan