[Swift-devel] Website documentation

Daniel S. Katz dsk at ci.uchicago.edu
Thu May 5 08:34:11 CDT 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Ben Clifford wrote:

>> I'm unclear about the first table in 3.1.  perhaps there should be some code or text before it?
>
> do you mean the table that shows examples of swift variable expressions
> and the filenames they mapped to?
>
> I never figured out what a nice way to present this mapping was... somehow
> both the version in docbook and this docbook don't work very well.
> something more graphical or colourful might help (eg using red for invalid
> mappings rather than the word INVALID)

yes.

What am I supposed to get from this table?  f is mapped to myfile?  But how was it mapped?  Where was f defined?  f[o] is mapped to INVALID?  What does this mean?   Maybe the code below the table should be moved before the table, and myfile in the table should be changed to plot_outfile_param?

Or maybe a template of a single_file_mapper is needed before the table?

Dan

--
Daniel S. Katz
University of Chicago