[Swift-devel] Re: Website documentation

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 4 17:33:48 CDT 2011

Nice job, David! This really looks great. Awesome, in fact, for a first cut.

One thing that jumped out at me: in the swift.properties section:

- the actual descriptions should be in plain text, not fixed width text

- to keep the descriptions in sync with the sample/default swift.properties file in etc/, perhaps the sample file could be coded in such a way that we can grep the properties out in a "doc build" process that runs as part of ant or make, and automatically include them in the users guide.

- Perhaps move the properties to an appendix rather than a chapter - the chapter could just talk about how to manage properties, and what the general "families" of properties are.

Mike