[Swift-devel] gensites templates

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 31 14:27:08 CDT 2011

I think the idea was that the user would specify -config cf on the command line and include the #sites directives in that file along with any swift.property settings.

We should suggest refinements of the latest version and document now, so we can get this into 0.93 and really start pushing it for users (and using it ourselves).

Ketan and I talked a bit about making sure that the template is processed through shell expansion, so that we could include expressions in the substitutions. It may also be good to be able to include conditional selection of template lines based on user parameter values.

Main thing now is to make it easy for the user to know what each template is for; which one to use; and what parameters to each template are optional, mandatory, default, and what they all mean. In the doc page, many examples matching real needs in priority and complexity order are essential.

Ketan, can you open a bug on this if we dont have one yet and paste this in?

- Mike