[Swift-devel] duplicated job submission in swift-0.92?

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 31 13:52:34 CDT 2011

We decided the following:
- I will revert the changes in the 0.92 branch
- re-commit bug fixes that were committed after the merge
- merge the 0.92 branch to trunk
- fix the problems in trunk

One issue that came up was the exact "workflow" in the
branching/releasing/merging. I think we discussed this previously on
this mailing list, and it may just be that Sarah has made a wiki page
about it. But I'll summarize:
- before a release, trunk is branched into a release branch
- heavy development may continue in trunk while the branch only sees bug
fixes
- after the release, the branch is merged back to trunk (so that bug
fixes in the branch make it back to trunk)
- rinse and repeat

Mihael