[Swift-devel] Swift impact Fwd: [beagle-users] login nodes

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 29 17:23:15 CDT 2011

Ketan, we should test running Swift on Beagle *from* a job run under qsub -I and aprun.

Ie, put Swift itself on a compute node.  As usage gets heavier, we'll need to do this to avoid overtaxing the login hosts (and giving Swift a black eye from the Sysadmin team).  Same applies everywhere, notably on TeraGrid hosts.

We should document how to do this and add this mode to the test suite.

- Mike