[Swift-devel] Re: Please send Swift documentation enhancement needs to this list

Jonathan Monette jon.monette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:36:44 CDT 2011

How hard would it be to document all the valid keys and values that can go
into the sites.xml or is there already such documentation available? Like
the line <profile key="maxtime" namespace="globus">3600</profile>
or <execution jobmanager="local:pbs" provider="coaster" />.  It would be
nice to download a doc or go to a website and can find all the profile keys
and jobmanagers that the sites.xml can take and what the valid values can
take.  I know work has been put into developing sample sites.xml files for
different machines but a webpage or a downloadable doc would be useful.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Sarah Kenny <skenny at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Michael Wilde <wilde at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> was: Re: [Swift-devel] Running swift after fresh install giving errors
>>
>> Ketan,
>>
>> Sounds good. I think for now the CI Twiki Swift Cookbook page is one of
>> the main semi-public collections of missing documentation needed.  You
>> should scan bugzilla as well.
>>
>> Does anyone else have a list of Swift documentation enhancements needed?
>>

> you mean besides https://sites.google.com/site/swiftdevel/ ?
>

>> I also have few "developers diaries" which I used to keep about Swift
>> things that I found confusing and which needed further documentation.
>>  Sarah, I think I passed these to you at one point. Were you able to by any
>> chance extract any documentation "to do" items from those notes?
>>

> i wasn't able to make much out of this document (attached)...maybe ketan
> will have more luck (?)
>

>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Mike,
>>
>> Done. Tonight I am going to give a big push to the user guide
>> documentation.
>>
>> Please keep me updated of more such ideas and suggestions if any.
>>
>> Ketan
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Michael Wilde <wilde at mcs.anl.gov>wrote:
>>
>>> Cc'ing the list to confirm that this worked.
>>>
>>> We should add this to the user guide. Ketan, please add this to your
>>> doc-to-do list or bugzilla.
>>>
>>> - Mike

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a
touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein