[Swift-devel] Running swift after fresh install giving errors

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 16:49:43 CDT 2011

Hi,

I am fairly new to swift and I'm getting the following error when I try to
run swift :
Error: SWIFT_HOME is not set, and all attempts at guessing it failed

I am using the development version and the build was reported to be
successful. Googling for this didn't help much and setting SWIFT_HOME
or swift.home manually is advised against here [1]. Nevertheless I tries
that as well to no use.

Any suggestion to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

The details of my system are :
Ubuntu 10.10
sun  Java version "1.6.0_24"

[1] http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/guides/userguide.php