[Swift-devel] Executing a swift task from Java application

Tim Armstrong tim.g.armstrong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 13:26:04 CST 2011

Hi swift-devel,
  I'm looking currently at using swift to manage files (staging in and out,
etc) and execute tasks on behalf of another application.

Is it possible to programmatically construct and execute Swift app tasks?
Would it make sense to just use the coasters module on its own without the
Swift runtime?

I've had a look through the swift code base, and it hasn't become obvious to
me yet how I would achieve that, so I thought I should ask some people who
know their way around the code better.  Is there a class or set of classes I
should look at start looking at to understand how App tasks are instantiated
and run?

- Tim