[Swift-devel] swift on ranger

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:08:40 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Mihael Hategan <hategan at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> You may want to start by looking at the gram job manager logs which are
> in ~/ on ranger and should be named in an obvious manner.
>
> I tried to look into these logs. They do not show any error except these
lines:
/teragrid/gram5-5.0.2-r2/tmp/gram_job_state/job.gridftp1.ranger.tacc.utexas.edu.16145744013955882
016.1760 <callto:+1016.1760>6392074284836744
> > msg="State file not owned by me" status=-121 errno=0
> > reason="Success"

Which, according to documentation of Gram are not really errors.

You may also want to try do some sanity checks by submitting a plain
> gt2:sge job to ranger.

Tried doing this from ranger login nodes but getting this:

login3$ sh run.sh
Swift svn swift-r4371 cog-r3096

RunID: 20110630-1507-3kzljlsf
Progress:
Progress:  Stage in:1
Progress:  Submitting:1
Progress:  Submitted:1
Could not submit job
Caused by:
org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.task.TaskSubmissionException: Could
not submit job
Caused by:
org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.task.TaskSubmissionException: Could
not start coaster service
Caused by:
org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.task.TaskSubmissionException: Task
ended before registration was received.
STDOUT: Failed to download cog-abstraction-common-2.4.jar:

Failed to transfer wrapper log from catsn-20110630-1507-3kzljlsf/info/m on
RANGER

> On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 14:04 -0500, Ketan Maheshwari wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to run a simple catsn swift workflow on ranger/teragrid.
> > However, seems the SGE job does not get created on ranger host.
> >
> > The staging-in of input files do happen from the communicado host to
> > ranger. The stdout on Swift shows status as job submitted, however
> > qsub on ranger does not show any jobs being submitted.
> >
> > I am using the GRAM coaster provider: gt2:gt2:SGE
> >
> > The logs and configuration files (cf, tc, sites.xml) for this run can
> > be found on CI network here:
> >
> > /home/ketan/osg-tg-effort/ranger-catsn
> >

> > Any help or tips to debug this further would be very useful.
> >
> > --
> > Ketan

Ketan