[Swift-devel] finding the execution sites from swift logs

Allan Espinosa aespinosa at cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 30 11:45:20 CDT 2011

Hi Ketan,

What I do is match the jobnames with the sites by matching execute2
log information.  I have a set of R and ruby scripts in
~aespinosa/Documents/swift that analyzes the number of transfers per
site.  You can modify them to look for job execution.

If you look at one of the makefile targets in libexec/log-processing,
you can find files with the name 'color'.  these targets to swift plot
logs colors the plot per site.

To just explore the general statistics, I obtain the execute2.event
file from the log using

$swift-plot-log logfile execute2.event

And then just use R to analyze the *.event file.

2011/6/30 Ketan Maheshwari <ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone knows from swift log, how to find how many jobs executed on a
> given site when there is a mix of localhost and osg sites?
>
> I have logs of many runs each with about 3400 app tasks ran on localhost +
> osg sites.
>
> Trying to look into log and find that there are multiple messages
> corresponding to staging in-out, run and other events (change in score,
> thread associations, etc.).
>
> What should I be looking to identify each job uniquely?
>
> Thanks for any help on this.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Ketan