[Swift-devel] New syntax for appending to arrays

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:06:06 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Ben Clifford <benc at hawaga.org.uk> wrote:
> something that maybe needs a bunch fo testing is any of the mappers that make use of an array index in their generated file name - traditionally those have done parsing and formatting of numbers. making arrays use other types might upset them, or require more documentation/type checking making sure they are only used with numeric types.

Making arrays use other types, as in for subscripts ?
Where should I look into for the mapper stuff ?

I've been trying to avoid doing subscript type specification, but
that isn't going to work. I see that inside nested loops the thread
prefix is of the form  (number - )* number , so that basically means
I can't assume its an int and writing a function to generate a number
from the prefix doesn't look like the right way to go about this.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Yadu Nand B