[Swift-devel] New syntax for appending to arrays

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:31:44 CDT 2011

> my opinion on the matter is that: the meaning of the operator has no direct analogue in C, Java or Haskell which I think are the three main influences. So whatever is chosen is going to look weird. So pick one, any one, perhaps using a pseudorandom number generator, or a single round election, and move on ;)

I'm still working on doing the other proposed syntax which is
append ( array, <value> ).
Though this clears the issue of  "+= " resembling the increment
and assign operator, it does not bear any similarity with other
functional languages. If it is just the choice of the "+=" symbol
for the APPEND operation, maybe we could choose another ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Yadu Nand B