[Swift-devel] Swift log analysis tools

Allan Espinosa aespinosa at cs.uchicago.edu
Sat Jun 18 22:07:09 CDT 2011

I indicate individual *.event files from the swift-plot-log command
for each type of metric I need.  Then I pass these files to a bunch of
R scripts for summarizing or plotting that is not normally available
in the suite.

For developing new filters, I usually grep out the log4j class entry i
need and then write my filter scripts from there.

-Allan

2011/6/17 Michael Wilde <wilde at mcs.anl.gov>:

> In discussing the SCEC workflow with Ketan, it became clear that a tool to extract useful debugging information from the Swift run .log file would be very useful in diagnosing failures and understanding better how the run is behaving.
>
> Ketan is about to make a few log filter scripts to tease out and format this info.
>
> Does anyone have any similar tools that wouldbe useful for this purpose?
>
> Do the new (or old) log plotting tools have and preprocessing scripts that can be used for this?
>
> Should we common scripts to reformat the log for both human analysis and erformance plotting?
>
> - Mike

Allan M. Espinosa <http://amespinosa.wordpress.com>
PhD student, Computer Science
University of Chicago <http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~aespinosa>