[Swift-devel] pilot job paper

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 21 12:36:10 CDT 2011

Thanks.

I think I tried previously to find the raw data they used, but couldn't
get much out of the paper in that direction. And that seems to be
essential for the numbers I want. One could use QBETS (if it was exposed
as a service) to get the needed data instead of running the actual test,
but I think that would be a weaker argument.

Ultimately one can fall back to the argument that there is some constant
cost in all cases for queuing systems, a cost which is relevant for jobs
of the order of 10s, but it would be more interesting to show that this
is a good strategy for a wider range of jobs.

Mihael