[Swift-devel] [Fwd: [Kraken-users] Send Kraken Jobs !!]

Sarah Kenny skenny at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 18 13:41:25 CDT 2011

one thing i know is that they generally don't support gateway accounts (they
told me if i was desperate they'd try to make it work :)...so, my users
can't submit jobs there under our community account..which is how we run
'cause it allows me to look at their logs and data if need be without too
much trouble.

but here's what puzzles me even more...whenever i see such notices and i
check the TG system monitor

https://portal.teragrid.org/systems-monitor

kraken appears to have lots of jobs in the queue...in fact right now it
looks like they have more than any other TG system (!)

~sk

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Mihael Hategan <hategan at mcs.anl.gov>wrote:

> I get these on occasion. This is a machine fatter than the ANL BG/P from
> what I understand, and with a more down-to-earth architecture.
>
> So I'm puzzled that this is happening.

Sarah Kenny
Programmer
University of Chicago, Computation Institute
University of California Irvine, Dept. of Neurology
773-818-8300